Have you spent way too much money on weight loss schemes and programs that force you to take this pill or receive this shot while eating basically nothing? Research has shown that 95% of dieters regain the weight they lost within 5 years. This is because after you have lost the initial 5-10% of your body weight, then your body’s natural, protective instincts kick in.
Why traditional dieting does not promote successful, long-term weight loss:
– Skipping meals disrupts your blood sugar control and causes overeating
– Optimal blood sugar control manages cravings, hunger, mood and energy
– Restricting calories too much slows down your metabolism
– Most low-fat/low-calorie processed food products contain chemicals and unwanted sugar that spark cravings and increased hunger
– Many fad diets and weight loss schemes deprive you of necessary nutrients/food groups
– The underlying cause or problem could be overlooked (nutrient deficiency, gut balance disruption, etc.)
Just our luck that it is not a natural bodily function to lose weight. When we restrict calories, our body goes into “starvation” mode and the protection mechanisms become activated. The result is a cascade of events that encompass the stress response: blood vessels become constricted, it is harder to breathe, muscles tense up, stress hormones (cortisol and epinephrine) are released, blood sugar increases, and digestion slows down. A similar response occurs if we exercise too much.
It seems everyone has a solution to the biggest challenge facing our world today. What has worked for one person may not work for another. Nutrition can be extremely harmful and helpful. Our Registered Dietitian has received extensive education and training related to how the body processes nutrients. She is also licensed in the state of Florida, which protects you as the consumer from illegitimate vendors and counselors.
What Is Our Solution and How Do We Differ?
Imagine never having to count another calorie again! You will learn how real foods can bring you increased energy, decreased cravings, and long-term weight release. Your weight loss journey will be customized for you, and only you. With a more holistic, mindful approach you will return to the intuitive way of eating, while learning to love and accept the unique person as you were created. You will not only transform your eating, but you will transform your perception.