Have you spent way too much money on weight loss schemes or dieting programs? Research has shown that 95% of dieters regain the weight they lost within 5 years. After you have lost the initial 5-10% of your body weight, your body’s natural, protective instincts kick in.
Why traditional dieting does not promote successful, long-term weight loss:
- Skipping meals disrupts your blood sugar control and causes overeating
- Optimal blood sugar control manages cravings, hunger, mood, and energy
- Restricting calories too much slows down your metabolism
- Most low-fat/low-calorie processed food products contain chemicals and unwanted sugar that spark cravings and increased hunger
- Many fad diets and weight loss schemes deprive you of necessary nutrients/food groups
- The underlying cause or problem could be overlooked (nutrient deficiency, gut balance disruption, etc.)
It is not a natural bodily function to lose weight. Restricting calories causes our body to go into “starvation” mode, and this causes our protection mechanisms to become activated. The stress response could include a number of events.
- Blood vessels become constricted
- It is harder to breathe
- Muscles tense up
- Stress hormones (cortisol and epinephrine) are released
- Blood sugar increases
- Digestion slows down
A similar response occurs if we exercise too much.
It seems everyone has a solution to the biggest challenge facing our world today. What has worked for one person may not work for another. Nutrition can be extremely harmful or helpful. Our Registered Dietitian is licensed in the state of Florida and has received extensive education and training related to how the body processes nutrients. This protects you from illegitimate vendors and counselors.
What Is Our Solution and How Do We Differ?
You will learn how real foods can bring you increased energy, decreased cravings, and long-term weight release. We will customize your weight loss journey for you and only you. You will return to the intuitive way of eating and learn to love and accept yourself with a more holistic approach. The perception of eating that you have will be transformed.